How To Get Dog Pee Out Of Rug?
Usually, each pet animal is given training for its urine and potty. Sometimes, uncertainties may occur, where the pet may urine on your Rug. Urine from the pets on the upholstery can create a permanent stain. Moreover, it adds to the pungent odours in the surroundings.
No matter how trained your pets are, accidents happen. These are the easy and quick ways to know How to get dog pee out of the Rug.
Easy To Follow Ways To Get Rid Of Dog Pee Out Of Your Rug
1. Clean The Area
Cleaning of the affected area plays a crucial role. Make sure that the affected area of the Rug should not be left wet. If it is wet till now then dab it with the help of newspaper, rough cloth, or paper towel so that the dog pee gets absorbed. Later on, do cleansing of the Rug with a warm water towel and dry/wet vacuum it.
2. Clean The Stain
Stains present on the Rug dull the look. Cleaning it on your own is the initial thing you always try for. Here are numerous ways to know How to get dog pee out of Rug.
- Vinegar is a strong disinfectant and is used in deep cleansing of the house.
- Alcohol is another source of stain removal.
- Baking soda and water (1:3) can be used to clean the stain.
You may use any mode of DIY cleaning. For each method, you have to apply the solution and keep it overnight and clean it the next day. Moreover, these days, many handy products are available in the market which is specially used for the urine and potty cleaning of pets. You may also get them through an online source or from grocery stores.
3. Removal Of Foul Odour
Presence of the pungent odours makes it tough to stay in a particular area for a long while. Moreover, it spoils the vibes of your house. But, getting rid of dog urine from the Rug can be done more easily than you might have imagined.
Apply a mixture of baking soda and white vinegar over the affected area and leave it overnight. Vacuum it the next day. Also, you may use Rug cleaning products or vacuum cleaning can help to remove the foul smell of the dog urine.
4. Usage Of DIY Methods
Few DIY tips and tricks that can help you out to know How to get dog pee out of Rug.
A. Cleaning With White Vinegar
Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of warm water. Put it in a spray bottle. Use it over the affected area. After some time, dab it with a clean cloth.
B. Application Of Hydrogen Peroxide Paste
- Take 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide, 1 spoonful of dishwashing liquid, and 2 spoons of baking soda.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly
- Apply over the dog pee area
- Leave it for at least one hour
- Dab the paste with a wet cloth
- Dry the Rug with a paper towel or vacuum cleaning.
C. Spraying An Enzymatic Cleaner
- Dry the Rug with the help of a paper towel or newspaper as much as use can
- Get an Enzymatic Cleaning solution from the supermarket
- Read all the instructions thoroughly, written on the bottle.
- Use it over the affected area as per the instructions.
- Then clean the affected area.
- You may also shampoo your Rug once it’s clean.
5. Vacuum Cleaning
You may use a vacuum cleaner in order to remove all the residual substances from the Rug. It takes out all the leftover liquid/water present in the Rug. Moreover, it helps to restore the former look of the Rug.
6. Call A Professional, If Odour Remains On The Rug
Many a time, cleaning dog pee from the Rug is a huge distress. And the persistence of such excreta may emit unhygienic smells and bacteria. Hence, if the stain and odour remain and do not know How to get dog pee out of Rug, then you may call a professional Rug cleaner to help you out.
Even the most diligent pet owner is worried about cleaning the dog pee from the Rug. But accidents do take place. Most houses that have pets and kids, do prefer non-toxic home cleaning solutions. The DIY solutions are recommended mostly because these solutions are made from the ingredients which are available inside your kitchen. Moreover, they give a tremendous result in removing pet waste. Therefore, you must deodorize and disinfect the Rug for amazing results. If needed, you can call for a steam rug cleaning and deodorising service by experts for quick relief.